jerk tempeh and quinoa and salsa
Takes 40 mins
- 1 200g block Original Organic Plant Power Tempeh
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 150g quinoa
- 250ml water
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 1 lime
- 50g sweetcorn
- 1 avocado
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Mix the jerk seasoning, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil together in a bowl to produce a marinade. Slice the tempeh into small chunks and add to the marinade. Leave to marinate for around 30 minutes.
- Zest and juice the lime, then set aside to be used in the quinoa.
- Prepare the quinoa whilst the tempeh is marinating. Add a little olive oil to a saucepan over a medium heat and add the quinoa along with a pinch of salt. Toast the quinoa slightly, then pour in the water and the juice of half a lime. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer, pop the lid on the pan and cook for approximately 20 minutes until the quinoa has absorbed the water.
- Place the desiccated coconut in a large frying pan and cook on a low to medium heat, stirring frequently until most of the flakes turn light brown in colour. Mix the toasted desiccated coconut and the zest of half of the lime into the quinoa.
- Heat a small pan on a low to medium heat and add the corn. Cook until the corn begins to char on the edges, then remove the pan from the heat. Cut the avocado and tomatoes into small pieces and add to a bowl with the charred corn, the remaining lime zest, salt and chopped coriander. Mix everything together.
- Cook the tempeh either in a preheated oven at 180°C for approximately 20 minutes or pan fry for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Serve the coconut quinoa topped with the jerk tempeh and then add the salsa.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition