Mediterranean Tempeh Bowl
Takes 26 mins
- 1 pack Original Plant Power Tempeh
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 aubergine
- 10 large chestnut mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- Handful of black and green olives
- 100g marinated artichoke hearts
- 100g sundried tomatoes
- Tahini (to drizzle)
- Optional add ins
- 150g quinoa
- 1x 400g tin butterbeans
- Pre heat the oven the 180°C, fan setting.
- Slice the sweet potato into wedges, place on a baking tray and put in the oven to cook for 25 minutes until softened.
- Mix together the paprika, chilli flakes and a drizzle of olive oil in a small bowl with a generous pinch of salt. Cut the tempeh into slices around 0.5 cm thick then coat in the marinade. If you have time, leave the tempeh slices to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the aubergine, peppers, red onion, courgettes and mushrooms into slices.
- Heat a griddle pan on a medium heat and coat with olive oil. Place the sliced vegetables on the hot griddle, season well and cook for about 2 minutes until you get nice charred lines on them. Turn each slice over and cook on the other side for a further two minutes.
- Place the tempeh slices on the griddle and cook on both sides for 2 minutes a side.
- Divide the griddled vegetables, sweet potato wedges, black and green olives, artichokes, sundried tomatoes, and the tempeh slices between two bowls to serve. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, tahini, coriander and mint leaves to garnish.
- For an extra hit of protein, you could also add butterbeans or quinoa to this dish along with your favourite dips such as hummus.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition