Mediterranean Tempeh Stuffed Peppers
Takes 40 mins
- 1 pack Original Plant Power Tempeh
- 4 large peppers
- 1 small aubergine
- 200g baby plum tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Large handful of spinach
- To serve
- Nut crumble
- A handful of walnuts and almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, fan setting.
- Begin by cutting the peppers in half and placing them onto a large baking tray with a drizzle of oil. Cut the aubergine into small cubes, sprinkle with 1 tsp paprika and place onto a separate baking tray with a drizzle of oil. Pop both trays into the oven for approximately 20 minutes until the pepper halves and aubergine cubes begin to soften.
- Whilst the peppers and aubergine are roasting, make the filling. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Add the chopped onion, paprika, salt and tomatoes to a saucepan with a drizzle of oil and cook down until the tomatoes have softened. Add the garlic and stir through.
- Finely dice the tempeh and add to the saucepan. Add the tomato purée and enough water to stop the sauce from drying out.
- Remove the aubergine from the oven and add both the aubergine and the spinach to the tomato and tempeh mixture and stir through until the spinach has wilted.
- To make the nut crumble, simply add the almonds, walnuts and a pinch of salt to a food processor and blitz until it forms a breadcrumb consistency.
- Spoon the tempeh mixture into the pre-cooked peppers and sprinkle over the nut crumble. Pop back into the oven to cook for around 15 minutes or until cooked through and the top is golden.
- Serve immediately with some herb and garlic roast potatoes or quinoa.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition