Nourishing Tempeh Bowl
Takes 20 mins
- 1 pack Plant Power Curry Flavoured Tempeh Pieces
- 1 sweet potato
- Half a large aubergine
- Half a cauliflower head
- 1 beetroot
- 10 large chestnut mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Small bunch of kale leaves
- 1 avocado
- Pomegranate seeds
- Tahini yoghurt drizzle
- 2 tbsp plant based yoghurt – we used coconut yogurt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp tahini
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan setting.
- Mix together the cumin, paprika, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- Slice the sweet potato, beetroot and aubergine into thin rounds and cut the cauliflower into small florets. Slice the mushrooms in half. Place on a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, the spice mix and salt.
- Bake the vegetables in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are roasting in the oven, fry the tempeh. Place a frying pan on a medium heat. Once hot, gently fry the curry tempeh until the edges turn crisp then set aside
- Add 2 tbsp of plain yoghurt to a small bowl, then stir in the turmeric and tahini. Set aside.
- Add the kale, spinach and a generous pinch of salt to a large bowl. Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and gently massage the kale leaves (this helps to break down the tough cell structure) until the leaves start to soften and wilt.
- Divide the kale and spinach between two bowls. Remove the vegetables from the oven and place on top of the bed of kale and spinach. Finally, add the tempeh to the two bowls and drizzle with the tahini yoghurt sauce. Garnish with sliced avocado and pomegranate seeds.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition