Piri Piri Spiced Tempeh Tacos with Griddled Avocado & Watermelon
Serves 3 - 4
Takes 40 mins
- Tempeh Tacos
- 1 pack Original Plant Power Tempeh
- Plant Power Tempeh
- 2 tsp piri piri seasoning
- 2 avocados (1 sliced)
- 1 lime
- Watermelon cut into cubes
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- 1 red chilli
- Corn Salad
- 175g sweet corn
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- Slice the tempeh into thin strips and place into a bowl with the piri piri spice mix, a pinch of salt and a little olive oil. Coat the tempeh strips in the spice mix then leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Once hot, add the tortillas one at a time and cook on each side until they start to get some colour, then place them between the ends of two objects to give a taco shape.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil on a griddle pan and add the tempeh. Cook the tempeh for a few minutes on each side until nicely charred.
- Slice the avocado in half then finely slice one half of the avocado. Add the avocado slices to the griddle (making sure to oil the griddle) and cook until charred.
- Place the remaining half of the avocado in a bowl with a pinch of salt, chopped coriander and a little lime juice and mash together.
- Spoon a little of the smashed avocado into the taco, top with the tempeh, charred avocado slices, watermelon cubes, chilli spices and coriander leaves.
- To make the corn salad, chop the cherry tomatoes into quarters and finely chop the coriander leaves. Char the sweet corn in a frying pan then add to a bowl, add the chopped cherry tomatoes, a pinch of salt and some chopped coriander leaves and mix through.
- Serve the tacos with the corn salad.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition