Rainbow Rice Paper Rolls
Takes 20 mins
- 5 rice papers (spring roll wrappers)
- warm water
- Rice paper filling
- 1 200g block Original Organic Plant Power Tempeh
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Thinly sliced red cabbage
- Edamame beans
- Thinly sliced avocado
- Julienne carrots
- Thinly sliced red pepper
- Coriander or mint
- Peanut dipping sauce
- 3 heaped tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- Water to thin the sauce
To Make the peanut dipping sauce
Add the peanut butter, tamari, maple syrup, ginger, chilli, to a food processor and blend. Add a small amount of water at a time until you get a smooth and runny consistency.
To make the tempeh
Slice the tempeh into strips approximately 0.5 cm thick.
- Mix together the Chinese five spice, along with the tahini, a little olive oil and salt. Add the tempeh to the marinade and coat. Leave to marinade for approximately half an hour (or you can use straight away).
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the tempeh over a medium/high heat until golden in colour each side.
To make assemble the rice paper rolls
Gently submerge the rice papers into the warm water until they begin to soften.
- Place on a tea towel or damp wooden chopping board and fill the centre with the vegetables, tempeh and herbs such as coriander or mint.
- Begin by folding in the bottom part and then the top part to meet in the middle. Bring the right side across over the centre and begin to roll so that you have a tight sandwich.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition