Stop Food Waste Stir-Fry
Takes 15 mins
- For the sauce
- 5 tbsp Myvegan Peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- Juice of Half a lime
- 1 garlic clove
- A little water
- Salt to taste
- For the Veg - whatever is in the fridge! We used
- Broccoli florets
- 1 red Pepper cut finely
- 1 large Carrot (shredded on a mandolin or chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup peas (cooked)
This stir fry recipe is great to use any leftover veggies or veggies lurking at the back of the fridge...think mushrooms, spinach, cauliflower, spring onion, mangetout, or sweet corn.
- In a food processor add the peanut butter, tamari, maple syrup, lime juice, garlic, ginger, chilli, salt to taste, and a little water and blitz until you get a smooth and runny consistency adding in a little water at a time to get the smooth consistency.
- In a pan, cook your noodles as per the packaging instructions
- In a wok add the tempeh pieces and fry until golden In a little olive oil and remove to add in at the end.
- Add a little oil such as sesame oil or olive oil and add in the broccoli and peppers along with some tamari and stir fry them until tender. Add in your peas and shredded carrot along with the noodles and tempeh and mix through.
- Add in some of the peanut sauce and mix through to coat leaving some extra sauce to drizzle over at the end.
- Plate up the stir fry noodles and drizzle over more of the peanut sauce and an extra squeeze of lime and enjoy.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition