Tempeh and Black Bean BBQ Burgers
Takes 20 mins
- 1 pack Plant Power Sticky BBQ Tempeh Spare Ribz or 1 pack Original Plant Power Tempeh
- and 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 400g tin black beans
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- To serve
- Wholegrain bread rolls
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Handful of spinach
- 1 beef tomato
- Half an avocado
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add to a food processor with the bbq tempeh, garlic clove, cumin and paprika. Roughly chop the onion and add to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture comes together. If you don’t have bbq tempeh spare ribz, simply add in 2 tbsp bbq sauce of your choice.
- Add in couple of tablespoons of flour if the mixture appears too soft and wet to help dry and bind the ingredients together.
- Shape the mixture into burgers (this should make 4 large burgers or 8 mini sliders).
- The burgers can either be baked in the oven or pan fried. If baking, place onto a baking tray and cook in the oven (fan 180°C) for 20 minutes. If pan frying, heat a pan on a medium heat and fry the burgers for four minutes on each side with a little oil.
- Once cooked through, serve the burgers in a seeded wholegrain roll with vegan mayo, spinach, thinly sliced tomato and smashed avocado.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition