Tempeh and Chickpea Falafel
Takes 30 mins
- 1 pack Original Plant Power Tempeh
- 1 400g tin chickpeas
- 2-3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ras el hanout
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh mint (optional)
- 2 dried apricots (optional)
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- To serve
- Plant based yoghurt and tahini
- Finely chop the red onion. Add a little olive oil to a saucepan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and sauté until soft with 1 tsp ras el hanout and salt.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to a blender with the tempeh (broken into pieces), sautéed onion, garlic, spices, salt, herbs, dried apricots (if using) and blend until nice and smooth.
- Roll the mixture into 8 – 10 balls or patties.
- Either gently pan fry in a little olive oil until golden or pop into a pre heated oven at 170°C for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy drizzled with a plant-based yoghurt and tahini sauce or hummus.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition