Tempeh Nut Roast
Serves 3 - 4
Takes 45 mins
- 1 pack Original Plant Power Tempeh
- 200 g mushrooms
- 50g walnuts
- 50g Brazil nuts
- 1 red onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- To serve
- Roasted vegetables
- Roast potatoes
- Vegetable gravy
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, fan setting.
- Finely chop the red onion, garlic and mushrooms. In a pan over a medium heat, add a drizzle of oil, the chopped red onion, salt, ras el hanout (which gives it a delicious warm flavour) and 1 tsp paprika. Fry until the onion is almost softened. Add the garlic to the pan and cook until caramelised. Add the finely chopped mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Blend the nuts in a food processor until they become a fine powder. Add the mushroom mixture, the tempeh (breaking into small pieces to make it easier to blend up) salt and paprika to the food processor and blend until it all comes together.
- Add in a handful more of walnuts and Brazil nuts and blitz to incorporate but keeping a chunky texture.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined loaf tin and pop into the oven for approximately 30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, roast potatoes and vegetable gravy.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition