Serves 2 - 3
Takes 45 mins
- 1 pack Original Plant Power Tempeh
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 40g walnuts
- 1 onion
- 2 small carrots or 1 small sweet potato
- 1 celery
- 1 tsp paprika (Sweet)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 100ml vegan red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- To serve
- Vegan Parmesan
- Add the mushrooms and walnuts to a food processor and pulse until a chunky breadcrumb consistency is achieved.
- Chop the tempeh into small cubes or pulse in the food processor to break it up into smaller mince-like pieces.
- Finely dice the onion, carrot and celery, then mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat a large saucepan on a medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the diced onion, chopped carrot and celery along with salt, pepper and paprika. Cook for around 10 minutes until softened, then add in the minced garlic. Cook for another five minutes.
- Add the mushroom and walnut mixture to the pan along with the tempeh and cook for around five minutes.
- Pour in the red wine and with the heat on medium high, cook the alcohol off and reduce the liquid down. Then stir through the tomato purée. Add the tinned tomatoes and stir everything together.
- Gently simmer for around 30 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve with tagliatelle and top with parsley and vegan parmesan.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition