Ultimate Tempeh Club Sandwich
Takes 10 mins
- ½ pack Original Plant Power Tempeh
- 6 slices of wholegrain bread (square loaf works best)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Vegan mayo
- Vegan cheese slices
- Olive oil
- Cut the tempeh into thin strips (approximately 0.5 cm thick) and coat with the smoked paprika, salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mash the avocado until smooth, making sure to season well and slice the tomatoes into thin slices.
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium heat and fry the tempeh slices with a drizzle of oil until golden on each side.
- Toast the bread and starting with the first layer, add the smashed avocado to one side of the toast, top with the cooked smoky tempeh and place another slice of toast on top.
- Coat this slice of toast with vegan mayo, then top with the lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and the vegan cheese slices and top with the last piece of toast.
- Repeat this with remaining three slices of toast.
- Cut into triangles, serve and enjoy.
Recipe created by Nourish Flourish Nutrition